Hello my friends. Happy Sunday! I hope your coffee is extra hot and exactly sweet, and I hope you’ve found just a few moments of aaaahhhhhh.
I’ve had family with me in New Orleans this week and it’s been so nice to make an unfamiliar place feel exactly like home with just a mega-ton of family. We’ve done ALL THE THINGS thanks to my well constructed itinerary, menu-planning, and desire to eat and see ALL THE THINGS. Yes… that’s me patting myself on the back. We visited the Oak Alley Plantation mostly because I wanted to stand in this exact spot and absorb the shade of 300 year old trees. That’s a thing!
I made the Internet smaller for us. Here it go:
• We advance our circumstance in so many ways. We have amazing freedoms. We have Twitter and Instagram. We have the world at our fingertips. Yet… Reaction to Ferguson Decision Shows Racial Divide Remains Over Views Of Justice.
• This seems like an important point to figure out sooner rather than later: Do Online Death Threats Count As Free Speech?
• Aw man. Heavy sigh. Flying Coach Is The New Hell: How Airlines Engineer You Out Of Room.
• Why Your Family Drives You Crazy. Because they push your buttons… and they invented the damn buttons.
• Leftovers solved: Mashed Potato, Cheddar and Chive Waffles.
• This date night cookbook seems like a really sweet holiday gift: Date Night In: More than 120 recipes to nourish your relationship.
• I’ve never wanted to knit anything until exactly right now. I can create something this lush and fluffy with a big wooden stick!?!? Sign me all-the-way UP: Knitting Noodle.
• Can all of the gifts I give this holiday season be monogrammed? I hope so. Monogrammed Sunshine Satchel.
• Quite clever Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics.
• I love this Foiled Cable Pullover Sweater. The sheen makes it feel just slightly holiday, right!?
• Aloha has a new protein powder that I really really like! I mention this because I’ve eaten nothing but Thanksgiving leftovers, chili cheese fries, and doughnuts for the past few days. Cry for help!
I love you. You are tremendous.